St. Theresa of Avila Roman Catholic Church, located at 8666 Quincy Street in Detroit. Built in 1924 in the Italian Romanesque style, with Byzantine and Art Deco influences. Architects Van Leyen, Schilling & Keough, Edward Schilling. This impressive complex contained the former church, rectory, school and convent. The original congregation was Irish-American, according to Wikipedia.
St. Theresa closed its doors in 1989. From 1999 to 2016 the structure housed Detroit’s largest charter school, Allen Academy. A failed charter school.