The West Canfield Historic District
One city block between Second and Third streets. All houses are C19 built between 1870 and the 1890’s. The styles range from Queen Anne to Second Empire and Gothic Revival. This area became Detroit’s first historic district in 1970 and was also added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
Let’s take a look at a few of these beautiful houses – many undergoing a new round of restoration efforts,
The “W.WATTON” home.