ethnic hall

“Deutsches Haus” Anybody have any memories or knowledge of this place ?

This structure was built in 1928 and was the first GACC hall in Detroit.


View Larger Map

This building is now used by the Greater Macedonia Baptist Church. This is along a stretch of Mach Avenue where almost every viable remaining structure left standing is now some type of church.

This German ethnic hall is like countless others that dot the city, from Hungarian to Maltese to Polish and Chaldean. Detroit used to be very rich with ethnic diversity.