Allen Park Veterans Administration Hospital, about half way through demolition.
On March 24, 1937, Henry and Clara Ford donated 38 acres at the corner of Southfield and Outer Drive for use as a Veterans Administration hospital. Ground-breaking ceremonies for the hospital were held on July 27, 1937, with Henry Ford in attendance. Major additions to the original hospital were made after WWII and during the 1960s. The Allen Park Veterans Administration Medical Center was sometimes referred to as the Dearborn VA Hospital.