AIA describes this structure as French Renaissance Chateau style. Designed by Louis Kamper and built in 1891. 49 rooms total – this building is now home to law offices. Former Smiley Brothers piano store. Originally home to Colonel Frank J. Hecker, who now resides in Woodlawn Cemetery.
An interesting feature of the home, is that the main floor walls are retractable to allow for ballroom style dances and partys.