Part two in a week long series of posts about the Fisher Building.
Built for the seven Fisher Brothers in 1928 by Albert Kahn. The original design called for a mirror tower on the opposite side of the Boulevard, as well as a third and larger central tower. The Great Depression stopped this project in its tracks, but thankfully we still have the completed first phase of the plan. A strong reaction to what Kahn considered “the glorification of steel and glass”, the Fisher Building is rich in gorgeous materials and design.
Today we look at the main entryway with its multiple granite and bronze reliefs. Ive never been able to confirm any of the specific artists involved with the building, but it sure looks like the hand of Corrado Parducci on these works.
Tomorrow we go inside to see the interiors.
This one is awsome – “ICARUS”
This guy hugging the building is cool